Start Administration plug-in
You need to start start the administration plug-in to maintain and/or create protocols (Tools -> administration plug-in).
For more information about the plug-in itself see the plug-in page.
- To manage protocols, select Manage protocols (1).
- A protocol is a file system folder in the extension folder, containing 3 files:
- A collection protocol (4).
- A data-set protocol (5).
- An ini file.
- Collections are assembled by using a controlled vocabulary. Therefore, the first step is to create a library of controlled vocabulary items (7).
- These items can then be transferred to the protocol by pressing the transfer button (8).
Create/Change controlled vocabulary
- Manage the library by dragging entries (moves them in the hierarchy).
- Delete: You can delete entries (careful, do not delete entries used in existing protocols unless this is really, really necessary). This does not disturb existing entries as meta-data from data-sets.
- Add: Adds a new entry.
- Edit: Edits an existing entry (see below).
- Apply to all protocols: All the protocols are updated with the edited entries.
To add or edit an entry, following dialog is displayed:
- Attribute name: Name of item.
- Parent label: Name of the parent. Note you can maintain a standard list of parent labels for coherence.
- Data type: Select the data-type for the item
- Entry control: You can provide an entry control for the item.
- Editable: Select if the protocol entry can be changed.
- Can be empty (not used at the moment): Select if the entry can be empty (future control).
- Searchable: Select if the entry should be searchable in the database (openBIS).
- Standard value: Provide a standard value for the item, must be in agreement with data type and entry control!
- Help string: Provide a help string describing the item. This help string is displayed when selecting an entry in the context help.
A unique identifier is automatically created.
To edit the parent labels, you can manage the list by pressing the button "edit attribute parent list":
You can move, add and delete items.
To add an item to a protocol and edit a protocol
- Select the vocabulary entry.
- Press the green transfer button (8).
The item is added to the protocol.
- You can edit the protocol by a double-click. Note, you only can change the standard value and the parent name.
- You can rearrange the items by dragging. If you drag an item below another parent, the parent name is automatically changed.
- To change an item property, you must edit the vocabulary item and press "Apply to all protocols".