History since version 2.44
openBEB 2.x development is concentrating on the backend, the macro integration and to simplify plug-in development.
openBEB 3.x will revamp user interface to simplify the use of the software. Furthermore, a better plug-in handling and updating will be implemented.
CORE 3.0/Extensions 3.0
- Finally LabView 2014 (maybe 2016)
- Improved error handling system
- New update mechanism using gitHub (might be shifted to version 3.1)
- more descriptive log files
- Array handling in the macro language
- Modular window management, allows several collection to be open, several viewports to be open
- Better code structure, clearly defined information flow.
CORE 2.9/Extensions 2.9 (will be integrated in openBEB vs 3)
- Macro module tracking, cleanup after errors
- Improved CORE macros, allowing opening of unpopulated collections (collections with associated data-sets, which do not exist yet)
- CINA CamLib:
- Color support
- Camera hardware settings support (GUI)
- CINA CamLib:
CORE 2.8.2/Extensions 2.8.2 (will be integrated in openBEB vs 3)
Switch to LabView 2014.
This also means, 64-bit support on Mac OS X. Needs intensive testing:
|OS X 10.9.X||OS X 10.10.X||Win7||Win 8|
|LabView 2012 (32bit)||W||W||W||NT|
|LabView 2012 runtime (32bit)||W||W||W||W|
|LabView 2014 (32bit)||W||NT||W||NT|
|LabView 2014 runtime (32bit)||NW||NW||NT||NT|
64bit versions will be tested later. W: Working, NT: Not tested, MP: Minor Problems; NW: Not Working
- Bug: Plug-ins can be desactivated/activated again.
- CINACam Lib: Improved performance.
- CINA Cam Lib: New possibility of view-binning for high-resolution cameras.
CORE 2.8.1/Extensions 2.8.1 (2014-07-31)
- Improved CORE commands (continued)
- CORE: New module command help browser and administration tools.
- For developers: New high-lever vi's for easier creation of modules (See class CBApplicationSupport).
- Bug correction: CORE settings connection files are now loaded correctly.
- Minimizing of log viewer
- Minimizing of Macro Viewer
- Macro editor now has a new setting in the CORE preferences for text size (important for high resolution screens) and "old" people
- Macro editor: Improved syntax coloring (including a new CORE preferences to disable it for old computers).
- Macro editor: Search and replace function.
- Macro: !Semaphore: The release of an unacquired semaphore does not trigger an error 111 anymore, instead a warning -8007 is released.
- Macro modules: This allows transparent user management of macros.
- Debugging window
- showing progress of the executed macro
- Stepwise execution of macro
- Amended error handling system. Major changes:
- Improved clean-up of failed macro (unlocking semaphores, removing unexecuted commands from all modules)
- Rescue macro
- Better error mail handling
- Improved GUI fr error handling
- Improved CORE preferences for error handling
- RESOLVED: Removed a serious bug, where variables were not passed correctly to a macro during macro start-up.
- RESOLVED: A rare race situation, when reloading a viewport shortly after terminating it.
- RESOLVED: Synax coloring fixed for machines with more than two processor cores.
- RESOLVED: Correct termination of modules
- Improved Standard Macros
- Log viewer now has a new settings panel to adjust text size (important for high resolution screens)
- New SimpleCam plug-in for windows only (needs NI vision runtime library)
- (Public integration of cell-culture protocols)
CORE 2.8/Extensions 2.8 (2013-11-24)
- Improved metadata handling (extended macro support)
- Improved hierachical coordinate system
- Support of macro system calls
- Better vi.lib integration: Smaller foot-print in memory of the plug-ins. However, the vi.lib subprograms are still supplied with the plug-in itself.
- Removed bug: The CORE program now checks, if minimal requirements are satisfied on the target system.
- Minimal screen-size of 1024x720 pixel
- Better documentation and renewed CORE commands. The old commands are redirected and a warning is issued.
Extensions 2.71 (2013-09-03)
- Bug in PNG importer resolved
CORE 2.7/Extensions 2.7
This version was delayed for more than two month due to a linking problem in the windows version. A recent update of LabView corrected the problem.
- Improved data set properties supporting arbitrary dimensions and better support for scaling
- Data-set meta-data version 2
- Needs CORE 2.7
- New wave data-type family
CORE 2.6/Extensions 2.6
Transition to LabView 2012.
CORE 2.5.01/Extensions 2.52
- Reintroduced core commend, which is obsolete, but can lead to start-up errors (only once) when upgrading to version 2.5
- Improved SaveViewMacro
- QuickTimeDemo PlugIn: Window is now automatically closed
- ImportFromFileSystem plugin: Cancel error of file election panel is removed, deleting of multiple list entries is implemented
CORE 2.5 / Extensions 2.5
- CORE 2.5 needs extensions 2.5
- Better protocol handling
- Protocol templates facilitating the creation of new collections
- Inspector:Improved GUI
- Improved GUI of main window
- Corrected a potential dead-lock in the batch annotation tool
- Better exception handling during the opening of a collection
- Bug fixes:
- Data-set protocols: Free text fields are now saved correctly.
- Meta-data only collections: Improved GUI management, e.g. unneeded options are dimmed, preventing nonsense commands
- The data-set list is now cleared
- Corrected bug in collection inspector: Under certain circumstances, thw selected metadata was exchanged with the metadata of the loaded collection
- Extensions: Massively improved Administration tools, including a new protocol handling system.
CORE 2.491 / Extensions 2.493
- CORE improvements:
- Removed a bug when opening metadata-only collections
- Added time stamp editor for protocols
- Corrected bug preventing the change of file associations
CORE 2.49 / Extensions 2.492
- CORE Improvements
- Improved macro panel: Larger font size (windows) and direct link to command list
- General improved preferences handling for first run of openBEB
- Improved context help in main window
- CORE bug fixes
- Corrected first run initialisation of preferences
- Removed a bug preventing proper initialisation of SMTP server
- Disabled core preferences dialog to be closed
- Fixed collection data-set list generation: The files are now flagged correctly
- Fixed batch annotation tool
- Corrected first run initialisation of preferences
- Improved first-run initialization of some plug-ins
- Data-load macros: Fixed bug, where data-sets were not displayed correctly, when first opened with surface or PS viewer
- Corrected a bug during the first time run: Some values were not initialized properly, e.g. the standard wait time was 0 in some cases leading to a non-functional browser
- CORE: Improved first run dialog
- First run: Improved user information, when installation problems were dee
- openBEB for Mac: Massively improved performance during extension update
- openBEB: Autoupdate of CORE program
- openBEB Mac: New packaging using installers
- CORE: Better first-run initialization of some CORE preferences.
CORE 2.46 / Extensions 2.491
- CORE: An application support folder is bundled with the CORE program, in case the access to server fails during first run
- Extension version 4.91: Tested update mechanism for Windows 8; Mac os X 10.6.8; Mac OS X 10.7.4
CORE 2.45 / Extensions 2.49
- CORE: Corrected bug when selecting a non-bundle folder (previously locked openBEB for 30s).
- Extension 2.49 needs CORE 2.45
- Powerspectra viewer: Removed bug when closing viewport
- DM3 importer: corrected bug in preferences subroutine
- Macro panel: Performance improvements
CORE 2.44 / Extensions 2.48
- CORE:Improved update mechanism
- CORE/Windows: Corrected bug to attach existing bundles
- openBISplugin/Windows: Corrected authentication to openBIS server
- Support for EMVector TIF data