General use of the plug-ins
Note, you need the CORE source code to develop a plug-in. Th source code is under SVN control, see here for more information.
To create a plug-in, download one of the two templates below:
- Download plug-in, unzip.
- Rename template folder.
- Move template project file to a new location (outside of version control).
- Rename the project file.
- Open the project file.
- You will be asked for missing files, e.g., you must replace at least the CORElibrary.
- Rename the template libarary and classes.
- You might need to restore the labview class hierarchy, e.g., when you program an importer and have another ViewportType definition.
- Save the project. It might be clever to close and reopen the project, to make sure that all links are working.
Recommendation: This is a good time-point to put your new source code under version control.
Template for a simple plug-in
The following template is optimal to start these types of plug-in:
- Collection: Instrument control plug-ins.
- Tools: Plug-ins providing small utilities. They are listed and started by the tools menu.
- Database: Plug-ins for data-base synchronization
Template for a viewport family
This template contains templates for three plug-ins that build a plug-in family:
- ViewportType for data-type definition.
- Importer: Template to program an importer.
- Viewport: Simple template to program a plug-in for data visualisation.
Download the three templates here.