Failing "check for update": Server not reachable (2013-07-24)
Q: During program start-up, the check for update window" claims that the server is not reachable. However, the internet connection works.
Unfortunately, the runtime library of LabView 2012 has a bug. But there is an easy work-around:
- Open the folder: /Library/Frameworks/LabVIEW\ 12.0\ Runtime.framework/resource
- Check, if the folder ni_httpClient.framework is listed
- Rename the folder, e.g., to ni_httpClient.framework.bak
The update function should work now.
Note, that the installer of openBEB installs a private version, including this work-around. However, if you installed the official version, you must apply this work-around.
How can I open a bundle in the finder? (2013-11-11)
openBEB maintains a local repository fir data storage (data-sets and meta-data) called bundles. They are using the extension *.bundle. These folders are treated on the Mac OS X operating systems like files. However, these bundles are standard file-system folders and can be opened using the Finder program:
- Right-click the bundle icon
- Select "Show Package contents"
- A finder window with the bundle contents is shown.
How can I open or attach an existing bundle? (2013-11-11)
On windows, bundles are normal folders with the name BundleName.bundle:
- Press button "Attach Bundle…".
- Navigate to the bundle location.
- On windows, open the bundle (e.g., by double click).
- Press button "Select this folder" (here in german: "Ordner Auswählen"):
The bundle is attached.