Generic openBIS Change Log and Known Issues
Version 18.06.2 (6 November 2018)
- Bugfix, Installer fixes related with symlinks (SSDM-7343)
- Bugfix, Installer fixes related with duplicated folders (SSDM-7344)
- Bugfix, Microscopy dataset registration failure(SSDM-7130)
- DSS Monitoring Tool Support (SSDM-7166)
- Bugfix, Tablet support (SSDM-7228)
- Bugfix, Ordering (SSDM-7346)
Version 18.06.1 (18 October 2018)
Modify ExperimentBasedArchivingTask to use data set size if known (SSDM-7041)
- New post registration task to set flag 'archiving requested' (SSDM-7010)
Python API (pyBIS)
- Semantic annotations are fully supported (SSDM-6986)
- openBIS Sync : Timeout fix (SSDM07274)
- ELN: prevent CKEditor breaking when window is resized (SSDM-6195)
Version 18.06.0 (29 June 2018)
New Features and Major Changes compared to release 16.05
- Increased Flexibility of meta data structures
- Data set kinds now belong to each dataset instead of their types.
- Project-level samples (switched off by default since most users have developed plugins that are not ready for this). We recommend to have a test environment to review if is possible and worth to enable it in a case by case basis. (see Project samples)
- API v3 is feature complete now (for an introduction see openBIS V3 API)
- Semantic annotations (see openBIS V3 API#semantic_annotations)
- pyBIS (openBIS API for Python/Jupyter) (see pyBIS)
- BigDataLink module. This allows to use openBIS as metadata repository for large data stored on a filesystem external to openBIS (for an introduction see Big Data Link)
Authorisation at the project level (see Authorization)
- Internal component upgrades
- Some frameworks updated, mainly to avoid security issues as reported by some automatic tools and third party penetration tests.
- Source code now available in git https://sissource.ethz.ch/sispub/openbis with easy to follow instructions to build.
- Upgraded Java version to Java 8
Please note that the components below will be still available, but no further development will be done on them and no bug fixes should be expected.
- API v1
- Screening Plugin
- Proteomics Plugin
For more details see sprint change log between S229 and S279.